Hohenzollern Pink Topaz Parure, Germany (early 19th c; from top, Tiara, Necklace, Brooch, Earrings; pink topazes, diamonds, gold, silver).
The entire parure now belongs to the Albion Art Institute.
Albion Art – Royal Pink Topaz Parure
From Albion Art Institute
“Title: Prussia – House of Hohenzollern Royal Pink Topaz Parure
Year: Early 19th Century
Material: Gold, Silver, Diamonds, Pink Topaz
Description: consisting of the following five jewels:
1) Tiara: the hinged circlet outlined by a row of collet-set diamonds on the top and lower edges, enclosing circular-cut topazes between diamond leafy branches meeting at diamond quatrefoils, surmounted by a graduated sequence of pear-shaped topazes supported by pairs of old-cut diamond scrolls, alternating with diamond trefoils.
2) A pair of Pendant Earrings: each top set with circular-cut topaz within an old-cut diamond borders, attached to pairs of diamond ivy leaves with berries terminating in a pendeloque topaz within an old-cut diamond border
3) Necklace: comprising ten topazes of different shapes and sizes graduated in size from the large central cushion-shaped stone towards the back, each within an old-cut diamond border, alternating with diamond and topaz between spiral scrolls, a pendeloque-shaped topaz surrounded by diamonds attached to centre setting.
4) Stomacher: the top element is set with a large rectangular cushion-shaped topaz within an old-cut diamond openwork border, with the sides emphasised by curvilinear diamond motifs, attached to an ornamental centre of diamond and topaz scrolls and ivy leaves terminating in a pendeloque topaz within an old-cut diamond border.
5) Hinged Bangle: the centrepiece is set with a large cushion-shaped topaz within an old-cut diamond border supported on each side by a scroll, ribbon and vase shaped diamond motif applied to the openwork hinged gold band.
All contained within a contemporary red leather fitted case with royal cipher.
1) Queen Louise of Prussia (1776-1810), and to her daughter and other descendants:
2) Princess Louise, wife of Prince Frederick of the Netherlands (1808-1870)
3) Queen Louise, wife of Charles XV of Sweden (1828-1871)
4) Queen Louisa, wife of Frederick VIII of Denmark (1851-1926)
5) Princess Louise, wife of Prince Schaumberg-Lippe (1875-1906)
6) Princess Marie Louise, wife of Prince Frederick Sigismund of Prussia,(1897-1938)
7) Princess Louise, wife of Hans Reinhold. (1917- 2009)”